Thursday, January 8, 2015

Haley Jean's Mom....

Greetings!!! Just a quick post tonight as I"m attempting my first try at Pinning my blog to Pintrest. Gonna be exciting!! After two weeks of antibiotic treatments, tacardic & febrile episodes we're still in the PICU. Again, what a way to ring in the New Year :( .....However it's been a productive couple weeks so I can't complain. Had a job interview right smack middle of her extubation....Talk about the case of the nerves..It's very challenging to balance & prioritize, I have no clue how I do it...I just do it...Anyhow, we were very close to a discharge this morning but with the fevers & tachacardic spats we can't risk any setbacks. I guess we'll look at it as a mini vacation....While she's here she can rest up under great observation & wonderful care. My kiddo is a trooper. Under the circumstance she's shown nothing but faith & resilience. It's me who's full of anxiety & a little fear. At any rate I hope to get some rest on this wrestling mat they call a bed.....lol..Oh the turmoil my back goes through when slumming in the hospital...It's not comfortable sleeping in a non-reclining recliner, or a 1 inch thin mattress. If you don't expect a week of back pain after that torture you're crazy!!! Sorry for the short post tonight. Not feeling quite myself this evening. The cold really does a number on my bones & since I've been sleeping here every other night I feel like a zombie. An aching zombie....Ugh! Tomorrow a hot bath will help with the swelling in my legs,ankles & feet as well as the throbbing in my side, that'll keep me going a few hours. Besides, watching my little girl grow & heal is what keeps my mind off the pain, it's the best medicine in the world :)


No comments:

Post a Comment