Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Lessons

Random thoughts....

If motherhood came with an instruction manual we'd all have a perfuct life. Why couldn't it come with a warning label...You know, like on a bottle of Tylenol...Don't take if you have xyz...?? If there was a way we could see ahead of time what to expect maybe we'd have all the answers when life  takes a harsh turn. It's amazing what I've learned since having my kid. I feel like this is  the most I've learned in my entire lifetime..Even during undergrad...And my days in undergrad were intense. I crammed for 2 1/2 years, running both general ed classes concurrent with the paralegal courses. The curriculum was nothing like anything else I've experienced. It's safe to say motherhood trumps it all.  I know things now that I didn't know a year ago. Each day I seemed to learn more, the challenges got more intense as time persisted. I've learned to speak in medical terminology, understanding procedures, operate a feeding pump, trilogy ventilator, pulse oximeter etc. My place looks like a small hospital ward!! Overall, although I've learned a lot I still have a lot to learn..;)

No comments:

Post a Comment