Sunday, March 8, 2015

Man Down...

Well it's official (in my opinion) I have a couple fractured or bruised ribs... After a very restless night I'm finally up & its 3 PM. Haley Jean knows if something is wrong, she reaches for me & whimpers. It's kinda cute! But it also hurts my feelings because as a mother you want to always be available to your children. A cold or flu is one thing, the pain of fractured ribs is a horse of a different stripe. I'm sure you're wondering how it happened. Well usually I don't go into detail or of fear of creating sensationalism but here goes.... Blowing up balloons! Yep that's it.... I blew up about 30 balloons last week for Haley Jean's 2nd Birthday. You will never fully understand the amount of stress that puts on sensitive rib cages. Then you wanna know what put it over the top..... I zipped my coat! Yep.... I zipped my coat due to the cold weather, I shouldn't have done that but I did & now I'm laid up a few days. This is why I never dress properly in the winter because the pressure it puts on my chest is pretty intense. I do it because I get tired of hearing... "Hey where's your coat.. Or zip that jacket its cold out" seems trivial but hey, when you hear things long enough you start doing things to avoid the conversation. This is one of the hardest parts of being a mom with limits, you can't be there in the full capacity like you want. I can't hold our pick her up & even more heartbreaking is that I have to rely on others to help us. I don't like obligating people. Oh well, guess I'll lay on the couch a few days with Haley Jean right next to me. I will simply do what I've done before.... Wait it out. It's not as bad, there are breathing techniques to get accustomed to as well as sitting positions. Going to the ER isn't an option... They'll keep me for 6 hours, do xrays & find NOTHING due to my less-than -average skeletal make. Ever seen a chest XRay of an OI patient? Looks like a train wreck .... Well ya just can't really tell what's what, unless it's a clean break. Otherwise you're screwed. Not sure what's worst, the pain or the expression on the ER Residents face when they can't really help. I always reassure them it's not them it's me... Only good thing is the pain meds: ) At least then  I can have a little relief..... Until then......: P

By the way...;)


No comments:

Post a Comment