Sunday, May 1, 2016

A Candle to Light the Way Home...

I've gotten comfortable with lighting a candle each night, beginning the 1 year anniversary of her transition. Somehow I am at peace while it's lit. I find myself starring at the burning flame illuminating in the night.... Lighting the way back to my purpose. Often it trumps the sadness, briefly relieving my heart of the pain it ensures each passing minute without her. However the sadness returns once it burns out & my only hope is that sleep steps in beforehand, saving me from the cold emptiness the darkness represents. Sleep is practically non existent, or hard to come by lately... So I have allowed the darkness to be my friend. I stare at the candle, the flickering flame reminding me of my purpose, sealing my fate.... Reassuring my spirit that she is well. I am safe, I feel her near, I feel her presence... The burning flame tells me she's free... My Darling, My Blood...xoxo 




Reminder links....



No comments:

Post a Comment