Monday, June 16, 2014

A New Beginning

Hello all!! It's my 3rd post & I'm kinda excited about  sharing today. As I look back during the first weeks of my pregnancy, I can't believe how far we've come. Though I've always been positive & optimistic about life, I couldn't help wonder how life would turn out. Days had passed after finding out the good news & still a lot of people didn't know. I was cautious about telling others because I had a bad case of the jitters. Didn't want to jinx anything, especially due to my own health issues. And I wasn't ready for the strange looks. Overall, I my excitement was met with anxiety & fears which ultimately made my telling people much harder. My first OB/GYN appointment was an awkward one. I'd decided to take a short day at work so I can mentally digest everything. I was about 8 weeks by then & my body was indeed going through a major overhaul. I looked somewhat the same but on the inside I felt like someone else. I thought I knew all there was to know about pregnancy & childbirth. Until I experienced it firsthand, all that "knowledge" disintegrated. I've been physically challenged my whole life & it's had it's ups & downs...So many, I can't tell which outweighed the other. I've had some days where I felt self-conscious all the time & others were more confidant. Upon entering the Women's clinic I was greeted at the door by self-conscious. It's funny how life reintroduces you to those old feelings that were repressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment