Monday, June 23, 2014

A New Life

Forgive me...My goodness it's been a hectic week. So it looks like my schedule won't allow me the time to blog a few times per day as I hoped. Since becoming a mom, my life has taken a dramatic turn. It's really been a life-altering experience, one that I wouldn't trade for nothing in this world. I do what I can to be as flexible as possible, such as being more conscious of time, proactive, organized & productive.

So, a typical day consists of (when she's home) round the clock feeds via g-tube, administering meds, a couple baths, laundry, playtime, naptime, OT/PT, chores, dinner, lunch, errands...All within a 24hr day!!!...Whewwww...Most times I force myself to let others take over because I tend to go at it full speed ahead..My days start around 6 am. Before I know it, it's 2pm when I realize that I haven't eaten breakfast. Traveling is especially a chore. I have my wheelchair, my purse, diaper bag, O2 D tank, stroller....And we're usually on a tight schedule, which is important for us to get to & from a Dr's appt asap due to the time frame of the tanks. It's an event in it's own right. That while, at one point taking on contracting projects full time is a lot on this 65lb frame. I'm not sure how I get through a day. Pain management [me] has been included in our daily regimen. With bone pain becoming more frequent as I get older, I'm forced to be more health conscious. For OI'ers, watching our weight is imperative. I'm lucky to have a high metabolism but some aren't so fortunate. Carrying too much weight on the an already stressed skeletal frame compromises the bones as well as the lungs. It becomes harder to breathe & bones are more likely to fracture easier. Don't quote me...Haha!! Since having my baby I've picked up about 5lbs. That's a lot for me. I'm thinking of writing our elected officials to request squeezing into a pair of jeans be added as an Olympic event!!!! Overall, for an OI'er my age I'm actually in pretty good health. I use my self-propelled chair as much as possible, that keeps me pumped & energized, it also is a method of exercise. Well I'm tired, it's been a long one...Talk to ya hopefully sooner than later..;)

No comments:

Post a Comment